Tuesday 2 November 2010

Product Review Calieo Invisible Nail Bandages for split nails

Calieo Invisible Nail Bandages: Repairs Split Nails Instantly - No Glue - Stays for Days


A few weeks ago I snagged my middle finger nail on a very infuriating drawer in my kitchen that is always an ordeal to open, a few days later I noticed a tiny crack on the side of my finger nail, I was devastated :( and thought this meant I would have to cut down all my nails immensely. However I initially used some nail glue to seal the crack and applied my polish as usual, this did work for a day or so, but eventually the crack remerged and I could see the nail splitting.

Recently when I visited Sally’s I found this product:
Calieo Invisible Nail Bandages for just under £4.00, so I thought it was worth a go.
Here is what you get in the pack

 30 bandage stickers in 3 different sizes (you get 10 of each)
A mini file/nail buffer
A mini hoof stick for easy application.


Here is how I applied them:

  • Firstly remove all polish and glue remnants
  • Peel bangage off using hoof stick on edge
  • Place the bandage so it completely covers the area of the nail that has split/cracked
  • You can use the buffer to file off the excess bandage, but I literally cut off the overlapping bit of the bandage, and did not buff as I did not want to make the nail weaker (since I had health probs which left me with very thin nails I try very hard not to buff my nails)
  • Apply nail polish as usual

Here is how it looks close up on my nail, I’ll admit it is visible (probably because I missed out on the buffing step) but in all honesty you really have to look closely to see it, and I’d much rather have that then a very very short nail!!


This is my first try with these bandages and it has been 3 days since I applied it and so far so good, the product says it should last 7-10 days and is also waterproof, although I really think putting nail polish on top helps it stay secure.

Will update this post when I need to change the bandage to see how it has faired :D

So all in all I am very fond of this product so far, it has saved my nail. :D

UPDATE DAY 4

After some konading and another layer of Seche Vite, the bandage is even less visible :) so I guess two coats of Seche Vite would definitely help disguise the bandage :D

UPDATE DAY 7


On day 6 I decided to change my mani, the bandage came off very easily with a bit of remover, and I have put on a new one :D so far I'm very happy with these bandages :D just as easy to apply the second time, and probably would have lasted longer if I hadn't wanted to change my mani.

UPDATE DAY 14

onto bandage number 3 (have put a new one each time I removed polish, and so far I'm ecstatic, before finding these bandages I would have definitely lost my nail :D


UPDATE DAY 19

UPDATE DAY 22


Nearly a month, and thats a month I would have had to endure with tiny nails if it hadnt been for these awesome things, went to Sallys to stock up but unforunately there were none left :( I can see why, they are amazing, but there should be more in stock by the end of the week, still in the mean time I purchased some Silk wraps, as I hadn't tried that method yet, review to follow on that :D

Update 21/12/10
Have just posted my review of silk nail wraps here, and they are awesome!!
So my final verdict on the nail bandages is
8/10
although these are very cheap the fact that you have to reapply a new bandage each time you do your manicure, makes them a little less cost effective for me, but they are extremely easy to apply and a great way to save split nails if you need a quick fix, definitely one for the handbag :D

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I currently use the Orly kit but am always looking for something "better". I'll check this out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I usually use nail glue and bits of teabag to repair my nails and that works pretty well. But this looks like an interesting alternative. And it is affordable, too. Definitely a plus. :D

    I'll be keeping an eye out to see how it holds up for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad it was of use :D
    I've not tried the Orly kit, only really tried nail glue before but it never seemed to work too well :(
    on day 4 now :) posted a piccy :D so far so good, I'm intrigued to see how easy it will be to remove :D will update when I get there :D

    Diava
    X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one nail that splits right down the middle and would like to know if anyone knows of something I might be able to use to stop this.
    I hate having to file that nail so short.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try the Lady Soma Skin and Nail Cream - it has really helped my cracked nails and flaky cuticles. After 1 week I noticed a big difference - My daughter uses the creme on the cuticles of her feet and is amazed how well its worked on her cuticles.

    ReplyDelete