Monday 10 January 2011

NOTD - OPI Standing Room Only over China Glaze Liquid Leather

Today's NOTD features a very hard to find OPI Polish, Standing Room Only, it's a black label OPI, so that means its the old formula, and not the pro wide brush, none of which bother me at all :D I bought this one after hearing that it was a very sheer holo polish, hoping that it could make some of my other polishes dazzle with that holo effect. It does not disappoint, it is a lot like the older OPI Designer Series polishes (e.g. Glamour, Original etc) as it is very holographic, but a lot sheerer than those :D

so my first experiment with Standing Room Only, is using it over China Glaze's Liquid Leather (Creme black polish) all I can say is <3 <3 <3 <3

OPI Chip Skip
Base Coat: OPI Nail Envy 1 coat
China Glaze Liquid Leather 2 coats
Top Coat: Seche Vite
OPI Standing Room Only 1 coat

I absolutely love the result, the only frustrating thing is that the flash on my camera makes the coverage look uneven, which in real life it is not at all, it really doesn't look like you've used a different top coat to get the effect, its gloomy as anything outside today but if there's a bit of sunshine tomorrow I will try and get a pic to add so you can see I'm not lying :D

Here's a bottle pic :


Darker pic to show the real tone of the polish, and as you can see without flash the coverage looks much nicer :D 





I absolutely love this polish, and I'm so excited about swatching it over loads more colours to make wonderful holographic shades :D I'm completely addicted to holographic nail polish so I can't recommend this colour enough :D

EDIT:
just took a pic under a lamp without flash to show the coverage a bit better :D the flash is evil and makes it look uneven, but as you can see in this pic it covers beautifully :D


3 comments:

  1. Ohmygosh I need this one! How is this over pink, red or blue? I'd love to see! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah this is definitely my fave polish at the moment :D have just tried out some swatches over different colours on a colour wheel :D it seems neons work awesome as a base :D will post pics very soon :D:D

    Diava
    X

    ReplyDelete