Thursday 9 December 2010

NOTD - Make Up Store Siw (blue holographic)

This is definitely one of the most holographic polishes I own, and thankfully the Make Up Store has a lovely selection of holos that are not limited edition :D must get back there and pick up some more, they are quite pricey at £11 but I just love the holo on these so much, and when used with Make Up Store's Aqua Fix Base Coat they really do last better than other holos. 

 Base Coat: Make Up Store Aqua Fix Base Coat 1 coat
Make Up Store Siw 3 coats 

I didn't apply a top coat over these, as I'd previously found it can dull the holo effect of the polish :( one major plus with holos like this is how quick they dry, and you can literally watch the holo effect intensify as the polish dries, which never stops being fun :D

Using the Aqua Base coat really helps the holo polish go on smoothly, I'm pretty sure GOSH do a similar base coat for their holo polish but alas I've not been able to find it in any of the Superdrugs I've been too

Siw & Aqua Fix Base Coat


 Angled pic to show awesome holo effect :D


As stunning as these are on their own I was eager to try crackle polish on top to see what effect it would have over holos, and I have to stay I was very pleased with the result :D post to follow.
One thing I love about Make Up Store Polishes, is the fact that they are all named after staff members at their stores :D think that's a nice touch. For a full range of Make Up Store's Holographic polishes you can click here. Make Up Store is a Swedish brand, I think they have two stores in London, one in Westfield Shopping Centre and one in Carnaby St in Central London.

6 comments:

  1. I've only recently learned about holo polishes and I am going crazy over your blue nails! I bet you just couldn't stop looking at your nails (I know I sure wouldn't)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOOOOVE holographic nail polishes, my sister owns couple, and I always ask her to polish my nails with them<33
    And that IS one of the most holographic nail polishes I've seen *w*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love this polish, and I only recently found holos also :D they are so fun!! :D and indeed its very hard to stop looking at your nails, the effect is just too cool :D

    Diava
    X

    ReplyDelete